03 August 2008

Tissue holders - getting sick in style

My babysitter has strep throat on top of allergies. She's not contagious anymore so we've stocked the kitchen full of tea, chicken soup and popsicles for her. Since I already had the fabric out from yesterday, I decided to try this fabulous tutorial from stardustshoes for making a pocket or purse sized tissue cover. It was very easy and Savannah liked the idea so much she thought we should make one for everyone. (Everyone!?) So watch in the mail if you get sick! I thought I'd use up some of my Kaffe Fassett scraps and give Destiny a choice. Turns out she liked the first one I made for her the best, the one with cupcakes! We made four in under an hour. Fun! Someday I'll make matching zip-up pouches as well.

Destiny's favorite tissue holder - and she's already making good use of it! We want to make her a cool back to school bag or purse as well for September and who knows, maybe she'll get matchy, matchy gifts for her senior year.




Tissue holders made from the Kaffe Fassett fabric - possibly my favorite fabric designer.

No comments: