26 July 2008

Savannah's sky blue poncho

Last night I finished Savannah's sky blue poncho in the big and bulky wool-blend yarn she picked out for herself. Here she is modeling it (while eating an apple!) I think it goes well with her blue eyes. I can't wait until the weather is cooler so she can wear it around the house and out for walks like a sweater.










Tres belle! The pattern for an adult version (called the Arrowhead Poncho by Pat Walker) can be found here. I didn't follow the pattern but followed the picture after measuring her arm length and cast on 37. I love simple cables since they give such a finished look to clothing and this poncho couldn't have been easier with bulky yarn and making two rectangles that I stitched together. There are tons of other free knitting patterns to choose from for ponchos here. Have fun and send a picture if you make one!

No comments: